Our center operates specialized tools which help in the treatment of wounds - the most exciting of which are our three hyperbaric chambers.the treatment of wounds - the most exciting of which are our three hyperbaric chambers. "Hyper" means more than normal, and "baric" means pressure. The chambers, which are see-through and made of clear acrylic, are filled with 100% pure oxygen which helps wounds heal. While breathing pure oxygen, the patient's blood plasma becomes saturated (filled) with oxygen, carrying 20 to 30 times the normal amount of oxygen to the body's tissues. This makes the body's natural healing process, which needs oxygen, work better. Continued use of HBOT increases the body's immune and healing response. Our Certified Hyperbaric Technician will help you understand how to complete this treatment program successfully, helping your wounds heal.
Each hyperbaric chamber has its own TV with cable and a DVD/VCR/CD/Tape player for those who want to watch movies or listen to music during treatment.
There are several medical problems that may benefit from Hyperbaric Medicine:
- Diabetic wounds of the feet and/or legs
- Post-radiation tissue injury
- Diabetes-related foot and ankle ulcers
- Crush injuries
- Wounds caused by poor circulation or trauma
- Compromised grafts and flaps
- Pressure ulcers
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Compromised skin grats and flaps
- Wounds that have not healed in several weeks
For more information, please call the Wound Healing & Hyperbaric medicine clinic at 503-252-HEAL (4325). We would be glad to help you heal a difficult wound, or just show you around.