Hospice Care - Overview
Hospice is end-of-life care for those whose life expectancy is six months or less, focusing on comfort and quality of care.
Adventist Health Hospice Focus
- Encouraging an active physical and emotional life.
- Living with dignity and respect.
- An atmosphere of kindness, respect, support, caring and love.
- Expert medical care, which neither hastens nor postpones death.
- Focus on being pain-free, with aggressive symptom control.
- Open and non-judgmental spiritual guidance.
- Living at home harmoniously with family and close friends.
Please contact us with questions at 503-251-6192 or send us an email .
Which patients are appropriate for Hospice care?
- Curative treatments are no longer effective and you wish for comfort care.
- Life expectancy of 6 months or less, if the illness runs its normal course.
Scheduling Hospice Referrals
To schedule a Hospice referral or to arrange for an assessment to determine if Adventist Health Hospice is the best choice for your patient, please call 503-251-6192.
You can also download a Hospice Physician Fax Form .
One of our hospice team members would be happy to meet with you to let you know if your condition meets hospice criteria and how hospice could benefit you and/or your loved one. Call Adventist Health Hospice at 503-251-6192 for more information.