Emergency Room Services
When time is critical, expertise makes a difference. At Adventist Medical Center's Emergency Room the most experienced physicians are in-house 24 hours a day.
Adventist Medical Center's new Portland Emergency Room was built with you in mind.
- Featuring some of the area's shortest ER wait times
- Innovative rapid medical evaluation
- All ER physicians board-certified in Emergency Medicine
- One of only three accredited Chest Pain Centers in Oregon
- Recognized as a leader nationwide in the treatment of stroke
- Soothing lobby that reduces anxiety and stress
- Leader in treatment of cardiac arrest patients
- Registered nurses certified in ACLS and PALS
Article(s) of Interest
Avoid Heat Related Illness and Injuries
Patient Friendly ER Lobby Designed to Reduce Stres
Conditions We Treat
If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or 911. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider concerning your health or any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
When Should I Go to the Emergency Department?
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
- Changes in vision
- Confusion or changes in mental status
- Any sudden or severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Suicidal feelings
- Difficulty speaking
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual abdominal pain
*Guidelines from the American College of Emergency Physicians
Your Cell Phone and ICE - In Case of Emergency
At times of crisis, your cell phone can be an indispensable lifeline. Simply enter the acronym ICE before the name and number in your cell phone address book of someone that could be contacted on your behalf during an emergency. For example, you can create entries such as ICE - Mom, or ICE - John. This will enable emergency personnel to know whom to contact should you be in shock or otherwise unable to give them necessary information yourself.
If you have a cold or the flu, or are just not sure what to do - contact your Primary Care Physician or visit the Emergency Room. Find a primary care physician.
Adventist Medical Center - Portland10123 SE Market StreetPortland, OR 97216