Adventist Medical Center (AMC), located in southeast Portland, is a nonprofit, 302-bed acute care facility, offering a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services throughout the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area.
- President/Chief Executive Officer: Tom Russell
- Hospital beds: 302
- Staffed by: more than 500 physicians, 2,014 employees and 311 volunteers
- Service area: 900,000 residents on the east side of the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area
- We are a full-service medical center with major emphases in: surgery, cardiology, oncology, neurosurgery, internal medicine, emergency services, mental health, orthopedics and obstetrics. Adventist Health also provides outpatient services in rehabilitation, laboratory, imaging, home care and hospice in addition to operating more than 30 medical clinics.
- Opened a 181,000 square foot Pavilion which features the Northwest Regional Heart Center, additional surgical suites, an expanded Oncology Department, a 32-bed Emergency Department, physician office space and a multi-level parking garage.
- Expanded medical servies at Gresham Station Medical Plaza to include outpatient medical laboratory, additional imaging and physical therapy capabilities and 9 primary care physicians.
- Recipient of the American Heart/America Stroke Association's "Get with the Guidelines" Gold Award for the treatment of stroke patients.
- One of only three hospitals in Oregon accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Received the Cleverly Five Star Hospical Community Value Index Award.
- Only Oregon HomeCare Elite recipient to rank in the nation's top 6% for quality care.
- Premier's Top Improver Award recipient for Acute Myocardial Infarction Care.
- Established Portland's first human milk depot.
- Infection rates ranked significantly lower than national averages.
- Recognized among the nation's top 10% of hospitals for the treatment of heart attack patients.
- Recognized for excellence in quality and patient safety by the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
- Broadened the accessibility and affordability of quality health services by expanding panel of health insurance companies.
- Recognized by the Multnomah County Health Departments among the best equipped health systems in the region for disaster preparedness response.
- Expanded Adventist Health Medical Group clinic locations.
- Upgraded an electronic patient record system designed to enhance access and keep patients informed about their health records.